We will come to your plant and evaluate your molding operation. This will include:
- Taking an IR photograph of all heat sensitive components of the process
- Molds and parts as the press opens
- Equal heat exchange is critical to both cycle times and molded part quality
- Cooling and curing times are controlled by how fast the temperature of the plastics can be exchanged through the mold not the temperature of the heating or cooling source
- Recommend proven modifications to improve mold performance
- IR photographs of the barrel and nozzle
- Remove barrel thermocouple probes and insert probes from a handheld pyrometer to verify control readings
- IR photo of extrudate to verify desired injection temperature
- IR photographs of hydraulic components and heat exchanger on hydraulic presses.
- Measure equality of clamping pressure on all tie bars
- If injection consistency is not consistent, remove screw from barrel and inspect
On completion of the examination, a report will be prepared for with recommendations along with ballpark pricing for the suggested changes.
If you so desire, we will ramrod the project and make the changes to your process.
We will document your savings and ROI.